Package Details: prey-node-client 1.9.5-1

Git Clone URL: (read-only, click to copy)
Package Base: prey-node-client
Description: Remote tracking and monitoring application for laptops, smartphones, and other electronic devices
Upstream URL:
Licenses: GPL3
Replaces: prey-tracker
Submitter: lutoma
Maintainer: xpt
Last Packager: xpt
Votes: 33
Popularity: 0.022963
First Submitted: 2014-12-02 03:20
Last Updated: 2020-08-24 16:21

Latest Comments

« First ‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next › Last »

70isthenew55 commented on 2017-08-06 07:23

Even with version 1.6.9 I receive the following error when trying to launch the gui or the plugins config..

Error: Cannot find module '/opt/prey-node-client/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v57-linux-x64/node_sqlite3.node'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:485:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:437:25)
at Module.require (module.js:513:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/prey-node-client/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js:4:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:569:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:458:3)

I have enabled the python fix and had to setup the account according to Angel_Caido's instructions, and as I have no coding background I'm not sure how to implement arielfre's solution either, any help would be greatly appreciated.

jorgicio commented on 2017-06-14 03:23

This package is quite outdated; the 1.6.8 version was released some time ago.

arielfre commented on 2017-05-30 23:05

I find error running 'prey_project config gui'; the solution was edit /usr/bin/prey_project and change the "$node" to the internal node binary shipped in prey (/opt/prey-node-client/bin/node).

n1ch0la5 commented on 2017-04-24 21:05

nodejs update dated 2017-04-24 appears to break prey-node-client.

jhartz commented on 2016-12-15 01:59

After upgrading nodejs to 7.0, I had to change /opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey so that it explicitly uses /opt/prey-node-client/bin/node (the version of node that ships with prey) instead of the system nodejs. (It was already doing this when run from /opt/prey-node-client/bin/prey directly, but not when using the /usr/bin/prey_project symlink.)

Angel_Caido commented on 2016-11-08 04:16

FYI: The package nodejs reached version 7.0. After I upgraded it, prey-node-client started crashing on my system. I downgraded to version 6.9 and prey is spreading its wings again. Be careful when updating/upgrading.

xpt commented on 2016-10-26 17:38

Hi everyone!

So, I edited PKGBUILD;

1. I commented the line "rm bin/node"
2. Added npm as dependency

cjmzy commented on 2016-10-24 13:28

Thank you, Angel, that worked well!

Angel_Caido commented on 2016-10-23 16:20

First of all, Good job in building this PKGBUILD and thank you for sharing it. I just have a few observations after installing it and doing some testing on my system:
1. I edited the PKGBUILD following yut23's observation. I commented the "rm bin/node" from the PKGBUILD.
2. You may want to consider adding 'npm' as an obligatory dependency. The Account Setup process will not run properly without this package installed.
3. I had to create the file '/usr/local/bin/python' and give it executable permissions using 'chmod +x /usr/local/bin/python'.
4. The setup process that worked for me included [using the terminal and after installing 'npm']:
a) cd /opt/prey-node-client/bin/
b) sudo ./prey config account setup

After that the setup process went as normal, asking if I had an account and [if so] the username and password for such account. Process ended up properly and added my device to my Prey-project account.

I hope this helps somebody else.

yut23 commented on 2016-09-11 18:30

I just noticed that Prey was crashing with "Error: Cannot find module '/opt/prey-node-client/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v48-linux-x64/node_sqlite3.node'". It looks like the client ships with the sqlite3 bindings for node.js ABI v46, while community/nodejs installs the latest version (currently v6.5.0, ABI v48).

I was able to get the client working by using the bundled node.js (I removed "rm bin/node" from the PKGBUILD).