Package Details: rstudio-server-git v1.1.371.r458.g7755310ae8-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/rstudio-server-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: rstudio-server-git
Description: A new integrated development environment (IDE) for R programming language
Upstream URL: http://www.rstudio.org/
Licenses: AGPL3
Conflicts: rstudio-server
Submitter: None
Maintainer: hwkiller
Last Packager: hwkiller
Votes: 8
Popularity: 0.321354
First Submitted: 2012-08-02 13:07
Last Updated: 2018-01-08 00:01

Latest Comments

asparkov commented on 2018-01-09 19:52

Never mind my last comment. I build it again and now works fine.

asparkov commented on 2018-01-09 18:18

I was able to build and compile, but server fails to start with this message:

usr/lib/rstudio-server/bin/rserver: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_date_time.so.1.65.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I verified that i have "boost-libs 1.66.0-1" installed, but the server is trying to load an older version?

hwkiller commented on 2018-01-08 00:01

Should work now. Just removed the socketproxy patching lines.

It compiled fine on my machine.

asparkov commented on 2018-01-05 10:39

==> Starting prepare()... ==> Apply socketproxy-openssl.patch patching file src/cpp/core/http/SocketProxy.cpp Hunk #1 FAILED at 148. 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/cpp/core/http/SocketProxy.cpp.rej ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare(). Aborting...

This is preventing building the package. Any ideas?

jaydoc commented on 2018-01-05 04:49

-- Looking for getpeereid - not found -- Looking for setresuid -- Looking for setresuid - found -- Performing Test PAM_MESSAGE_CONST -- Performing Test PAM_MESSAGE_CONST - Success -- Found PAM: /usr/lib/libpam.so;/usr/lib/libdl.so -- Found LibR: /usr/lib64/R -- Found R: /usr/lib64/R -- Performing Test LIBR_MINIMUM_VERSION -- Performing Test LIBR_MINIMUM_VERSION - Success CMake Error at src/cpp/session/CMakeLists.txt:23 (message): Dictionaries not found (re-run install-dependencies script to install)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I got these errors that prevented rstudio from compiling. Can someone help me fix this? I was running my arch server through an ssh session from a remote system when this happened.

Thanks.

hwkiller commented on 2017-12-20 04:04

Built fine for me. I suspect Turtizzle was correct, than you need jdk-openjdk8. I updated the dependency list to fix that (sorry).

minorsecond commented on 2017-12-16 00:13

Build is broken again. Looks to be something wrong with gwt.

Turtizzle commented on 2017-11-21 13:31

The dependency "jre-8-openjdk" should be "jdk8-openjdk", the former does not include javac.
Note that I was not able to build the package with (oracle) JDK 9 either, as I ran into problems with its new modular structure and forced exports.
I had to install jdk8-openjdk and (temporarily) set it as default environment (archlinux-java) in order for this to work.

hwkiller commented on 2017-11-09 19:35

Thanks for the reports.

I bumped the gin version, and removed the SSL-1.0 patch. Finally, rstudio supports ssl 1.1, so I don't have to keep patching in ssl 1.0; that was a huge hassle.

I tested the latest version, and it appears to work.

marekpetrik commented on 2017-11-05 12:47

It does not build right now, gin version needs to be bumped up in PKGBUILD:
_ginver=2.1.2

All comments