Package Details: appimage-git r476.ea1f74c-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/appimage-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: appimage-git
Description: Package desktop applications as AppImages that run on common Linux-based operating systems, such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, debian and derivatives.
Upstream URL: http://appimage.org
Licenses: MIT
Conflicts: appimage
Provides: appimage
Submitter: jgmdev
Maintainer: jgmdev
Last Packager: jgmdev
Votes: 21
Popularity: 3.830081
First Submitted: 2016-06-25 04:16
Last Updated: 2017-04-18 14:04

Latest Comments

orbifx commented on 2017-05-12 11:51

Installation reports a failing command, but the package seems installed.

```
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) installing appimage-git [#####] 100%
error: command failed to execute correctly
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
```

jgmdev commented on 2017-04-18 14:06

Added vim as dependency.

edward_81 commented on 2017-04-16 08:08

The build need xxd to work. Vim should be added as dependency.

jgmdev commented on 2017-03-24 03:00

I added wget as a makedepend.

quiro9 commented on 2017-03-23 18:47

When the package is downloaded and the compilation begins, errors can occur, this is because there are dependencies that are missing to take into account, in my case it was missing: Wget and Vim.
Not all have these packages installed and should be taken into account.

mazzolino commented on 2017-03-17 08:31

This needs a build-time dependency on "wget". (It is used for fetching xz.)

jgmdev commented on 2017-02-23 15:09

@trashguy I just ran a build and everything went find, maybe it was an upstream issue that got fixed later.

trashguy commented on 2017-02-18 07:17

This is failing to build on runtime.c

jgmdev commented on 2017-01-24 01:29

@anerandros, Yes I was checking out the git repo and saw the new changes on the project and that now only 2 appimages are needed as you mention. I updated the PKGBUILD to use the new stuff, also did a workaround to enable appimaged on startup using systemd as suggested by probono on github (plus some additional thinkering to enable it on each user account), but now im facing a segmentation fault on the appimaged binary and it seems it has a bug that I will now proceed to report on the appimagekit github repository.

In any case it should be back to building properly now, all previous binaries were stripped out and new ones are appimagetool and appimaged

cga commented on 2017-01-23 18:37

@jgmdev I'm glad you are available to take over! I wished I could do more with this, but I ran out of time with all the things I'm currently doing. At least it won't be abandoned. Thank you!

Only a couple of considerations:

The orignal author commented <<If that one still has AppImageAssistant, then it is way outdated by now...>>. The new components are called appimaged and appimagetools w/ the usual AppRun (which is now a binary). Therefore I think that (beside updating of course) the package should also be renamed to appimagekit-git to reflect the new app structure/packages.

my 2c

All comments