Package Details: vcmi-git r6865.feba7e19-1

Git Clone URL: https://aur.archlinux.org/vcmi-git.git (read-only)
Package Base: vcmi-git
Description: Open-source engine for Heroes of Might and Magic III
Upstream URL: http://vcmi.eu
Keywords: homm3
Licenses: GPL2
Conflicts: vcmi
Provides: vcmi
Submitter: Raziel23
Maintainer: bwrsandman
Last Packager: bwrsandman
Votes: 41
Popularity: 0.302175
First Submitted: 2014-04-07 07:23
Last Updated: 2017-09-10 17:35

Latest Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next › Last »

Kicer commented on 2019-01-29 20:13

There is a missing '.' in cmake invocation.

ilmikko commented on 2018-12-12 20:58

@niezniszczalny I had issues with Random Map Creation as well, solution was to download 'VCMI essential files mods' from https://wiki.vcmi.eu/Mod_list.

Download the zip and unzip it into ~/.local/share/vcmi/Mods. Random maps seem to be working fine now.

Unsure where the upstream for this zip is, would be neat to have it as an AUR package or pulled into this package.

niezniszczalny commented on 2018-03-30 19:25

Anyone has an issue with creating random maps?

I tried this solution, to copy Mod from latest Windows release, but it didnt' work for me. https://forum.vcmi.eu/t/cannot-generate-random-maps-at-all/1095

MarcinWieczorek commented on 2018-03-11 13:16

@zer0def a patch for that has been merged. https://github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pull/428

zer0def commented on 2018-01-28 20:21

As of boost-1.66.0, the package fails to build - https://bugs.vcmi.eu/view.php?id=2844

bwrsandman commented on 2017-09-10 17:37

Thanks for the fix suggestion.
I went ahead and created https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fuzzylite/ instead.
I'd rather avoid using submodules. Since vcmi is going towards a more modular approach, the package should follow suite. That way fuzzylite can be used by other packages and updated separately.

nisseblink commented on 2017-09-08 17:29

Updated PKGBUILD with git submodule https://gist.github.com/nisseblink/8daa9cb6e9a09ebc881a5cc878de3714

I did follow the wiki guidlines for this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_package_guidelines#Git_Submodules

_NOTE_: I get

```
error while loading shared libraries: libvcmi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
```

This is fixed by: "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/vcmi vcmilauncher"
I haven't really dug into this but I suspect this is for upstream to fix.

TapocoL commented on 2017-07-22 03:54

They recently added submodules in a commit [1]. Add the following in PKGBUILD right before the `cmake` command on line 30:

```
git submodule update --init --recursive
```

This could be solved by adding the flag `--recurse-submodules` to the `git clone`, however I am not sure how to configure that in the PKGBUILD.

[1] https://github.com/vcmi/vcmi/commit/704eeb25b2a928f6e7b67e3c92899fcce3ba1bd2

bwrsandman commented on 2017-06-27 13:36

Thanks for the comment.
You could probably report the bug on Mantis [1] or do a pull request with that fix on github [2].

[1] http://bugs.vcmi.eu/my_view_page.php
[2] https://github.com/vcmi/vcmi/pulls

z3bu commented on 2017-06-27 13:19

I am having difficulties with the vcmi Launcher. I am getting this error.

process 12666: arguments to dbus_connection_ref() were incorrect, assertion "connection->generation == _dbus_current_generation" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 2686.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

The problem doesn't appear when it is launched with root.
This seems to be the same problem as mupen64 described in [1] - It is said that if Qt is build without the SDL2 support it works. The package works for ubuntu and fedora (it just prints errors) but it crashes for Arch and Gentoo.

I made the link with SDL as well, nevertheless I was only able to locate the problem to sdldisplayquery.cpp in the function getDisplays(). I am able to use the launcher if I comment the lines:

if(SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO))
return QStringList("default display");

Another solution is to replace the whole function by:
return QStringList("default display");

[1] https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-python/issues/91